Thursday, May 8, 2008

Catholic University in Daegu

Today was the first full day at Catholic University of Daegu. We ate breakfast in the cafeteria for all of the students, so pretty much everyone just stared at us. Then we went on a campus tour and a pottery class. I carved some pictures in a bowl with the help of a Korean student and then tried to make a bowl "Ghost" style. I ended up making about three pieces of clay with holes in them....like bagels. Then we took a Korean language class and ate dinner. Next up was a Korean pub with the MS State group and the Korean students. The last thing of the day was a trip to the karaoke bar - a little different than in the US. We had our own room which was pretty fun. Here are some pictures of the campus and the night's events.








8 comments:

HolzBrew said...

I think Natie should consider changing his hairstyle similar to those two gentlemen you are sitting with giving the thumbs up.

Keep it Korean,

Molzman

Unknown said...

Hunter,

I think that girl might be hitting on you.....I won't tell Bev.

Bev said...

That's Hunter - smooth with the ladies!

And yes - natie should grow his hair out!

Bev

Unknown said...

Perhaps the ladies think he looks like Cory Matthews. (Megan)

HunterVT03 said...

Cory Matthews in the house! I'm using my celebrity status to get all of the ladies. Keeping it Korean, one day at a time.

Hun Tah (that's how they pronounce it)

Natie said...

Too bad I am losing all my hair and it would probably take me years to grow that much hair out....just like a beard...

Looks like you are having fun Hunter!

Luke said...

I agree...You are definately being claimed by the youngster on your left. I don't believe it counts if you are on a different continent. I'm pretty sure of it. I miss you...

HunterVT03 said...

Haha, it looks like she did claim me. Too bad I'm about 10 years older than she is. Us white people were like celebrities there. And Natie, people especially liked how I could grow a beard during the time I was there. Amazing!